Dr. Pravin C. Patil
Postdoctoral Research Associate at University of Louisville
• Strong background in organic reaction mechanisms and contemporary synthetic methods.
• Wide range of experience in route scouting, optimization, process development, scale up, technology transfer and commercialization of APIs and intermediates.
• Experience in multi step organic synthesis of NCE molecules for pre-clincal trials following GMP guidelines.
• Expertise in synthesis of heterocyclic compounds based on oxazoles, coumarin, benzoxazole, benzothiazole, benzimidazole, highly sensitive pyrroles, thiazole, thiophene, imidazole.
• Characterization / Identification of API Impurities as a part of DMF filing process.
• Experience in laboratory scale high pressure reactions and catalytic hydrogenation.
• Expertise in techniques routinely used in synthetic organic chemistry laboratories, including analytical, preparative, and spectroscopic techniques like nuclear magnetic resonance, mass, infrared and purification techniques such as flash chromatography, recrystallization.
• Experience in writing scientific manuscripts, mentoring undergraduate students/Junior colleagues.
1. Bisulphite adduct of Donepezil intermediate. Patil, Pravin; Lande, Hemraj; Singh, Gurvinder pal; Ray Purna. Lupin Ltd, From Indian (2010), IN 1164/KOL/2010.
2. Process for preparation of methyl –(+)-(S)-Alpha-(2-chlorophenyl)-6,7-dihydrothieno [3,2-C] pyridine-5(4H)-acetic acid methyl esters or salts thereof having higher chiral purity and products thereof. By Srivasatava, Anita Ranjan; Pawar, Prashant Pandurang; Poojari, Krishna Anand; Patil, Pravin Chaitram; Dalvi, Rajiv Ramchandra. RPG Life Sciences: US2010/0004453 A1.
3. A novel method for the synthesis of 2-alkyl-3-hydroxy -1, 4-naphthoquinones. Patil, Pravin C. and Akamanchi, Krishnacharya G. From Indian (2007), IN 1474/ Mum/ 2007.
• Outstanding Performance Year Award (2010-2011) by Lupin Ltd.(Research Park) Pune, India.
• Senior Research Fellowship (2008-2009) by World Bank through TEQIP (Technical Education Quality Improve Programe) at Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, India.
• Junior Research Fellowship (2005-2008) by World Bank through TEQIP (Technical Education Quality Improve Programe) by Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, India.
• Nominated for Best Ph.D. Student in Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India for the years 2007-08 and 2009-10.
• Ranked in top 5% in Master (M. Sc.) and Bachelor (B. Sc.) examinations at university level.